Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cookies, Shake and more Mango!


Just another same old week here in the awesome ctm! life is so great. happy to hear dallans coming next week! so crazy! im excited to share my knowledge with him, he will kill it down here. so excited for him.

I got my first hair cut and its been so toasty down here i figured id just cut it off, for the first time in my life i got a buzz! okay i almost did but then realized i didn't want to scare people off. haha the guy did a super good job.

Cookies at Mr. Cheney's!
I'm basically in a food coma right now because of you mom. thanks so much for your package i munched so hard its awesome. i just have a sugar buzz going on from the cookies and the shake. so thank you so much! i think the lady will send you a picture of me with my stuff but I look super gross in it so be like Jesus and dont judge me please! and i am butt white too so no laughing! i havent seen the sun for 7 weeks! Even my teachers are making fun of me now because i was dark when I got in and now they mess with me because they know it bugs the heck out of me how I look like im a white utah ghost.

I still love the food. Ah we got more mango yesterday! it was unreal again! haha i promise ive gotten smarter, but even though i knew what would happen if i ate the same amount of mango as i did last week...I did it anyways. But was it worth it... without a doubt. If the mango in Joao Pessoa is as good as it is here, looks like ill be here 2 years with constant diharia! haha but hey itll be so worth it. That stuff is soo good.

So ive finally got a good story where i felt so dumb with mixing up the portuguese words. I was in the middle of a lesson and it was like a spiritual part teaching the investigator and I was saying the 1st vision off the top of my head. Then i made just a tiny mistake. i was at the the part where it says, i saw two person personages who's BRIGHTNESS and glory.. blah blah blah. So im feeling all good about this lesson, with reciting the 1st vision with ease and all of a sudden my investigator starts just dying trying to hold in this big laugh. i imediately knew what i said. So instead of saying brightness, i said  'dirtyness' haha oops! I said "suja" instead of "cuja". I promise i wont be making that mistake again haha
  
So conference was absolutely amazing!!! Every single talk was straight up related to me and missionary work. it makes me bummed because i know if i appriciated it every year as i did this time, i could have gotten so much more out of it always. Literally it was just music to my ears and im sure yours too every second. it went by way too fast. the spirit was so strong and it really just made my testimony of prophets so much stronger. how awesome is it that we have a living prophet here on the earth today to lead and guide our church, straight from God himself. we are the only church on the earth who has this special gift. Conference really made me feel linked to you guys back home. knowing we were listening at the same time (not sure if you guys watched it all on time)  I really felt your  love and all the talks on family just made me realize how absolutely lucky i am to have all you guys and support back home. My testimony has grown so much. this church is so true, so simple, so right, so powerful and brings so much true joy to our lives. the coolest thing about it is the more we try to live the gospel by following in the footstepts of Christ, which makes us much better people and so much happier, we are getting blessed more than we every will realize. How lucky are we! And Heavenly father wants every one of his children to have it. He loves everyone so much, and wants us to have this gospel which will bring happiness to our lives and eventually lead us back to him in heaven for the ultimate girt of eternal life. all this is found in the Book of Mormon which is amazing. One of the coolest things about the book of mormon is how just because i can testify of the truthfullness of it, you dont have to take my word for it. You can come to know this for yourselves as we are promised in Morono 10:3-5. I've never been so constantly happy in my life, as good as my life has always been. it just really shows how powerful this gospel of Jesus Christ is.
I love you all so much. Read the Book of Mormon everyday, whether it be just one chapter.
Love your favorite son! (yea morgan and luke im claiming favorite right now)

Elder Spencer Taylor




No comments:

Post a Comment